The Peace of Mind Foundation (POM) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to help improve the quality of life of OCD sufferers and caregivers through education, research, support, and advocacy. Founded by the Linda and Jim McIngvale family at the request of their daughter Elizabeth. The Foundation created and fully subsidizes the OCD Challenge, a free online self-help website for individuals suffering from OCD. The Peace of Mind (POM) Foundation wants to personally thank you for your generous support and commitment to our mission over the past 15 years.
Throughout the years, POM has been involved in providing educational resources and access to self-help tools, offering scholarship opportunities, supporting professional training programs, spreading awareness about OCD and related disorders, and so much more. With the help of donors like you, POM has:
- served nearly 600,000 users on PeaceofMind.com (since 2012),
- served over 6,000 users on OCDChallenge.com (since 2010),
- trained 3,245 professionals (since 2017),
- provided over $369,000 in scholarship opportunities (since 2016), and
- received over 274,792 views on our educational videos (since 2015).
Peace of Mind Foundation Accomplishments
- 2020 – Launch a Live Stream Educational Series with Experts
- 2019 – Launched an Online GOAL Support Group and Kids Online Support Group
- 2018 – Current – Host educational webinars to reach more professional and individuals suffering for OCD and related disorders internationally
- 2018 – Sponsored an OCD Training Program to Karachi, Pakistan
- 2017 – Launched “Live with Liz” twice a month for individuals to ask Dr. Elizabeth McIngvale questions about OCD and related topics
- 2017-Current – Provide OCD workbooks to those living in areas with little or no access to care
- 2005-Current- The Peace of Mind Foundation offers OCD training to professionals, resources to family members and advocacy across the nation on OCD/mental illness.
- 2006 – 2009 – Provides nearly one million dollars in treatment scholarship subsidies to OCD sufferers.
- 2006 – Current – Provides sponsorships for OCD sufferers and caregivers to attend the annual conferences held by the International Obsessive Compulsive Foundation (IOCDF).
- 2006 – Underwrites the annual conference of the Obsessive Compulsive Foundation in Houston, Texas.
- 2006 – 2009 – Founded and ran the Houston OCD Support Group – was one of the largest OCD support groups in the country, this group is still running.
- 2011 – Launched a self-help website for OCD sufferers, the OCD Challenge. This website is 100% subsidized by the Peace of Mind Foundation and is free to all users.
- 2015 – Translating the OCD Challenge to Norwegian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, French, German and Mandarin in order to better serve all those living with OCD