The Peace of Mind Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to help improve the quality of life of OCD sufferers and caregivers through education, research, support, and advocacy. Founded by the Linda and Jim McIngvale family at the request of their daughter Elizabeth. The Foundation created and fully subsidizes the OCD Challenge, a free online self-help website for individuals suffering from OCD.
Peace of Mind Foundation Accomplishments
- 2020 – Launch a Live Stream Educational Series with Experts
- 2019 – Launched an Online GOAL Support Group and Kids Online Support Group
- 2018 – Current – Host educational webinars to reach more professional and individuals suffering for OCD and related disorders internationally
- 2018 – Sponsored an OCD Training Program to Karachi, Pakistan
- 2017 – Launched “Live with Liz” twice a month for individuals to ask Dr. Elizabeth McIngvale questions about OCD and related topics
- 2017-Current – Provide OCD workbooks to those living in areas with little or no access to care
- 2005-Current- The Peace of Mind Foundation offers OCD training to professionals, resources to family members and advocacy across the nation on OCD/mental illness.
- 2006 – 2009 – Provides nearly one million dollars in treatment scholarship subsidies to OCD sufferers.
- 2006 – Current – Provides sponsorships for OCD sufferers and caregivers to attend the annual conferences held by the International Obsessive Compulsive Foundation (IOCDF).
- 2006 – Underwrites the annual conference of the Obsessive Compulsive Foundation in Houston, Texas.
- 2006 – 2009 – Founded and ran the Houston OCD Support Group – was one of the largest OCD support groups in the country, this group is still running.
- 2011 – Launched a self-help website for OCD sufferers, the OCD Challenge. This website is 100% subsidized by the Peace of Mind Foundation and is free to all users.
- 2015 – Translating the OCD Challenge to Norwegian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, French, German and Mandarin in order to better serve all those living with OCD.
Peace of Mind Foundation Planned Initiatives
- Help close the treatment gap by offering OCD education and trainings to clinicians, professionals, students and peer advocates.
- Advocate through speeches and presentations in order to stamp out the stigma associated with mental illness and to create awareness for OCD and mental illness.
- Creation and promotion of the Elizabeth McIngvale Seminar Series to promote education, awareness and advocacy of OCD and mental illness worldwide.
- Creation and promotion of mental health advocacy seminar series led by Jim McIngvale and Elizabeth McIngvale as they share their families story of mental illness and advocate for all those suffering in silence.